The skincare market is drowning in anti-aging products. And while it’s great to have so many options, too many have likely left you confused and unsure about what really works and what’s just clever marketing gimmicks. Instead of wasting your time sorting through all that’s out there, turn to your most trusted guardian for your beauty woes: Mother Nature herself. Nothing quite beats the potency and effectiveness of ingredients that come straight out of her bounty (especially when you’re up against Father Time). Plant-based essential oils are powerful tools that are naturally free of harmful chemical additives.
These essential oils qualify as some of the best oils for the skin due to their anti-aging properties and overall incredible beautifying effects. Aside from just essential oils, there are several natural carrier oils that help your skin retain that youthful glow.
1. Jojoba Oil: One of the most hydrating oils in the entire world and it does so in a surprisingly non-oily fashion. Jojoba oil contains many beneficial ingredients, including vitamin E, vitamin B complex, silicon, chromium, copper and zinc.
2. Argan Oil: Argan oil is comprised of roughly 80% fatty acids which work wonders to hydrate skin, restore elasticity, and fade fine lines and wrinkles.
3. Rosehip Oil: This incredible oil is most well-known for its high concentration (the highest of any pure botanical oil) of natural vitamin A – all-trans retinoic acid (or ATRA as it is often abbreviated.) ATRA is known for its potent ability to reduce the depth of wrinkles, fade fine lines, lighten age spots, and promote over-all healing of damaged skin by boosting the growth rate of new cells and increasing collagen production deep under the skin’s surface.
4. Frankincense Essential Oil: This centuries-old medicinal essential oil is an aromatic resin from the trees of the genus Boswellia. It originates in the Arabian Peninsula. With anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, Frankincense is critical in preventing and treating aging skin. The oil tightens and firms sagging skin, minimizes the appearance of scars, dark marks, and age spots as well as balances the skin’s pH.
5. Lavender Essential Oil: The No. 1 oil that helps heal skin conditions, burns and cuts — but also because it specifically targets your skin, gets it in a healing state and improves cellular communication within your skin. Antioxidants are needed to successfully fight free radical damage, and according to research, lavender essential oil helps your body produce three of your bodies most powerful antioxidants, glutathione, catalase and superoxide dismutase.
6. Carrot Seed Essential Oil: Carrot Seed oil is full of antioxident carotenoids which boost the body’s immune response to UV rays, helping to prevent sun damage. Carotenoids also stimulate the rejuvenation of skin cells, aid in the detoxification process, and can help to heal chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
7. Neroli Essential Oil: Neroli oil is a powerful antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic that is also great for soothing damaged or irritated skin, healing scars, improving circulation, reducing lines and wrinkles, as well as for fading stretch marks.
8. Rose Essential Oil: Rose essential oil is one of the most amazing essential oils for aging skin and women’s skin in general. It is revered for its flowery and romantic scent and promotes healing and improves circulation. Rose essential oil helps maintain the skin’s elasticity by preventing the breakdown of collagen, thereby delaying wrinkles.
The skin is the most important organ of the body. While it is constantly regenerating, it is your body'd first line of defense against against those little buggers that want to do damage.. so TAKE CARE OF IT !!!
Anti-Aging is NOT about staying or looking young.. but about keeping your skin HEALTHY. .
As always.. please do your own research when it comes to your health and well-being.
Until Next Time.. Stay Crunchy!!